Volta Cohort helps early stage, high calibre founders attract and secure venture capital sooner.
This new program provides investments of $25,000 to up to five companies each cohort through a fund co-founded by Volta, BDC Capital, and Innovacorp.
How it Works
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year. 15 companies will be selected from online applications to participate in the next scheduled Volta Cohort event – taking place every 6 months. Those selected will demo their company to a Selection Committee at the next Volta Cohort event for the opportunity to receive 1 of 5 $25,000 investments.
The next Volta Cohort event will take place on November 14th. Applications for this cohort will close on Wednesday, November 1st.
Schedule for Selecting Companies is as follows:
- Applications close (Wednesday, November 1st)
- Successful applicants contacted (Friday, November 3rd)
- Prep session (Monday, November 6th or Tuesday, November 7th)
- Demo/pitches due (Friday, November 10th)
- Event (Tuesday, November 14th)