Do you feel energized by meeting new people?
Do you thrive on networking in a crowd?
Do you have detailed to-do lists for everything you do?
Are you always finding reasons to go to another event?
If so, we want you to join the expanding Volta Labs events team, located right in the heart of downtown Halifax! We host more than 150 events annually and we are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, detail-oriented person to join our dynamic team and gain invaluable experience working for Halifax’s tech super hub.
What kind of people will succeed at Volta? People who care about our entrepreneurs, get fully on board with our mission—to help tech companies start, grow and succeed—and work cooperatively with the entire Volta team to build the region’s innovation district. We want folks who think big but are also ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Every day at Volta is different. We need people that are comfortable working in an environment where change is the status quo. Think you have what it takes?
We are looking for a full-time permanent Events Coordinator who will:
- Manage events from conception to clean-up and ensure things run smoothly and efficiently
- Ensure the drinks stay cold and the attendees stay happy
- Establish, maintain and build relationships with external partners and industry stakeholders, such as Ladies Learning Code, Lighthouse Labs, and Propel ICT
- Plan and execute regular founder-focused events, investor events, and pitch competitions
- Work with the events team to plan and execute large scale marquee events (hackathons, game jams, demo events, and conferences)
- Meet with clients to work out event details and plan logistics (scout and book locations, food, the team, entertainment, volunteers, cleanup, etc.)
- Create budgets and stick to them – or find creative ways to come in under budget!
- Organize transportation, hire and wrangle keynote speakers or celebrities, hire A/V teams and rent equipment
- Support the team with marketing and promotional activities for events
So what are the required skills?
- Post-secondary education with at least one year hands-on experience in event planning.
- Personable, presentable, articulate and able to work effectively with a team
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Effective project management skills with an eye for detail
- Strong administrative and organizational abilities with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
Volta offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
We want candidates who stand out from the crowd. Find a way to impress us! 😉
Please merge your cover letter and CV into one .pdf document and apply by email in confidence by 5:00 pm, August 11th, 2017. Please make the subject of your email – “Events Coordinator”.
Attention: Human Resources – Volta Labs Inc.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.