Business 101 – Protecting Your Brand: Trademark Myths & Realities
Trademarks are the “Kevlar” of your branding strategy (“Kevlar” is a registered trademark of DuPont). They are one of the cornerstones for building your brand image, your reputation and good will in the marketplace. This workshop will address vital legal, practical and strategic questions every business owner should ask about Trademarks when deciding how best to develop its branding strategy. Questions such as:
- Why incorporating your business and the business name does not automatically protect your brand?
- How you can lose your Trademark, the good will and equity associated with your brand in a heartbeat (and how to prevent that from happening)?
- How to choose a Trademark that will “stick”?
- Should you Trademark your logo too?
- How much does it cost? How long does it take? Is it worth it?
- What do you do if you discover a competitor infringing your Trademark?
- How do you respond to a “Cease & Desist” letter by a competitor alleging your infringement of its Trademark?
These are only some of the questions we will tackle at this exciting workshop. You won’t want to miss it!