Volta Cohort helps early stage, high calibre founders attract and secure venture capital sooner.
This new program provides investments of $25,000 to up to five companies each cohort through a fund co-founded by Volta, BDC Capital, and Innovacorp.
How it Works
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year. 15 companies will be selected from online applications to participate in the next scheduled Volta Cohort event – taking place every 6 months. Those selected will demo their company to a Selection Committee at the next Volta Cohort event for the opportunity to receive 1 of 5 $25,000 investments.
Schedule for Selecting Companies is as follows:
- Applications close (Friday, April 13th)
- Company review and selection process (April 16th – April 20th)
- Successful applicants contacted (Monday, April 23rd)
- Prep session (Monday, April 30th)
- Demo/pitches due (Monday, May 7th)
- Event (Tuesday, May 15th)