Volta Cohort helps early stage, high calibre founders attract and secure venture capital sooner.
This new program provides investments of $25,000 to up to five companies each cohort through a fund co-founded by Volta, BDC Capital, and Innovacorp.
How it Works
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Fifteen companies will be selected from online applications to participate in the next scheduled Volta Cohort event – taking place every 6 months. Those selected will each demo their company to a Selection Committee during a five-minute (maximum) pitch at the next Volta Cohort event for the opportunity to receive one of five$25,000 investments.
- Are based in Atlantic Canada
- Have an ambitious idea
- Be a technology-based, early stage startup
- Have not received previous investment.
The next Volta Cohort event will take place November 2018. Applications for the next Cohort are now open.
Schedule for Selecting Companies is as follows:
- Applications open – September 1
- Applications close – October 26
- Company review and selection process – October 26 to November 5
- Successful applicants contacted – November 5
- Volta Cohort Pitch Event – November 28