Do you have a validated business idea, but need technical support to bring it to the next level? Have you been searching for a technical Co-Founder/CTO and need help finding the perfect fit?
We’re excited to announce the launch of the Volta Connector Program in partnership with Dalhousie’s Masters of Applied Computer Science department. Through this program, Masters in Applied CS Students interested in entrepreneurship will be paired with early-stage startup companies and serve as the CTO for a 16-week internship program (with potential to continue on afterwards).
How the Program Works:
- Qualified companies must submit an application (below) to be considered for this program. Applications are due Tuesday, April 4th at 5PM. To qualify, business founder must demonstrate that they have a validated business idea and need a technical Co-Founder to get the business off the ground.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of Volta mentors who will decide which ideas are picked to participate in this program
- Selected business founders pitch their business model (5 minutes) to CTO students; followed by a quick speed-dating style meeting. This event will take place on April 11th from 10AM-12PM at Volta
- CTO’s (students) rank their top 3 choices from the pitches and meetings
- Founders and CTO’s are matched
Details on Internship:
- All students are enrolled in the Masters in Computer Science as Dalhousie University
- Internship is 16-weeks or 450 hours (can be part-time or full-time based on requirements)
- Students will be available starting in the Summer
- Dalhousie will cover half of the students salary (up to $400/week per student)
- Company Founders to report on the student’s progress at the end of the term