The inaugural Startup Ecosystem Impact Awards and Summer Party celebrates the ground-breaking tech talent across New Brunswick, PEI, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.
In partnership with RBC, Volta’s Startup Ecosystem Impact Awards will recognize various changemakers and supporters who are rapidly transforming the startup ecosystem in Atlantic Canada. Five awards will be handed out to eligible founders, companies and their supporters on June 6 in the Volta Event Space.
Recognizes an organization that has helped create cohesion and growth in the Atlantic Canadian startup ecosystem. This can be exhibited through inter-organizational relationship building, helping with the growth of the startup community, reducing or removing barriers for startups to succeed, and more.
Positive Impact Award
Recognizes a founder or company that has developed and implemented solutions for social, cultural and/or environmental issues, to the benefit of the community at-large.
Community Leader Award
Recognizes a company that has directly impacted the growth and development of the entrepreneurial landscape in Atlantic Canada. This organization is dedicated to the startup community, and gives back through the donation of time, mentorship and serving as a resource in a peer to peer environment.
Corporate Supporter Award
Recognizes a corporate partner who has been a gracious supporter of the tech startup community in Atlantic Canada. This dedicated partner actively boosts the development of our rapidly-growing technology sector by donating their time and resources, while providing mentorship, training and more.
Recognizes an up-and-coming business in Atlantic Canada that has experienced significant entrepreneurial success over the past year. Success can be measured in a number of ways, including; innovative technology, solving a technological need, capturing a new sector or market, disruption of a service or market segment, applications of product or service and traction in, or ability to obtain traction in the international marketplace.
How does it work?
Do you know a company or founder that fits one or more of these descriptions? Submit your nomination today using our online Nomination Form.
- Complete our online nomination form before May 15 at 11:59pm AST
- Nominations will be reviewed by a judging committee comprised of leaders from the business community between May 16 and May 27
- Finalists for each category will be notified by May 29
- Award winners will be announced publicly the evening of June 6 at the inaugural Ecosystem Impact Awards and Summer Party
- Be an organization or founder based out of Atlantic Canada
- Have contributed to, or participated in, the Atlantic Canada startup ecosystem in the past five years
- The nominee agrees to have their photo, name and/or organization’s name promoted in association with the event
Volta’s Summer Party
Following the distribution of awards, we will shift into celebration mode, enjoying the beautiful change of season over refreshments, some delicious food, and great music. All proceeds from ticket sales will support the Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia.