Join our team as an Office Coordinator!
Volta is growing!
Join our team as an Office Coordinator!
At Volta, we care about entrepreneurs. We are passionate about our mission – to build a community where entrepreneurs can gather together, learn from each other, grow their companies and expand to global markets.
When growing our team, we seek out individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who value innovative thinking, working cooperatively and who don’t think twice when it comes to rolling up their sleeves to get the job done! The best part? At Volta, no two days are alike — change is the status quo.
More on the Office Coordinator role:
Reporting to the Director, Culture & Strategic Initiatives, the Office Coordinator combines front-and-centre responsibilities with important behind-the-scenes work, and plays a crucial role in the Volta experience. This full-time position is responsible for welcoming our visitors and supporting staff and entrepreneur clients.
This role is ideal for you if you’re energized at the thought of being the first point of contact at reception, for anyone entering the Volta offices. Your friendly nature, can-do attitude and your ability to act on the little details that make a big difference helps you foster a strong connection with our entrepreneurs and your colleagues on the Volta team. You thrive in a job with many moving parts, and you are proactive, organized and always eager to learn a new way of getting things done! A versatile team player, you’re keen to coordinate general maintenance to help maintain a clean and welcoming workspace… and you aren’t afraid to grab the office screwdriver to address a quick-and-easy repair. Efficiency is your middle name – you can easily prioritize multiple competing priorities, while maintaining a calm, cool and collected demeanor. You always go with the flow. You don’t focus on problems… you naturally see opportunities!
- Promote a welcoming, respectful, friendly and inclusive environment
- Responsible for first impression Front Desk and Reception responsibilities
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Volta employees and resident companies
- Responsible for general Office and Facilities administration and maintenance
- Monitor space to ensure highest standard of cleanliness and safety
- Helpfully respond to community requests related to cleaning and maintenance
- Coordinate any required external contractor work, from beginning to end
- Monitor and support service contractors while they are on site
- Monitor, order and maintain office supplies
- Maintain high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion at all time
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma plus at least two to three years experience in a similar role
- Genuinely friendly, helpful and personable
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively within a team
- Positive attitude and solid communication skills
- Committed to being resourceful and consistently proactive when issues arise
- Technically proficient, including MS Office combined with an ability to learn new platforms.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment, troubleshooting and basic maintenance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks under pressure
- Unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service
- Supply & Inventory management experience an asset
- Other related duties as assigned
Ready to join us?
In addition to offering a dynamic and inclusive work environment, Volta offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits. If you feel you could be a great fit to join our team, kindly forward your cover letter and resume with the heading “Office Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Attention: Human Resources
Volta Labs Inc.
100 – 1505 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3K5
Closing date for priority selection is February 22, 2021, however we will continue to accept resumes after this date until the position is filled.
Individual accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Volta is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply!
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.