Women Taking Over The World With Tech (WTWT) supports Atlantic Canadian female founders, leaders, and employees in the technology sector. In partnership with RBC, this program empowers participants by providing various resources and learning opportunities with the intended outcome of learning new skills, meeting a new mentor, broadening their network and more, to start, launch, and grow their tech-enabled startups.
It’s not just for entrepreneurs! All women working in the tech sector are welcome!
Since 2016, more than 120 women have learned about various topics including building meaningful connections, negotiating, marketing and sales skills, and using data to grow your business. We look forward to expanding our WTWT community of women, exploring and prospering in the tech sector.
In Canada we are fortunate to have several groups that support women in business. If you are passionate about changing the world, and agree that technology is the method to create such change at scale, then we encourage you to join one of the many networks of passionate women working in the technology sector.
Volta is a place where everyone is welcomed and encouraged to participate in the innovation community. There is something for everyone here, and our Women in Tech program is one avenue for us to support an increasingly diverse tech sector. Volta supports dozens of other community organizations, many of which are focused on supporting female entrepreneurs. SheEO, Women in Communications and Technology (WCT), Digital NS, Centre for Women in Business, BDC Capital, Fierce Founders, and many others are committed to making the tech and entrepreneurship sector equal opportunity for all genders.
- Connect with other women working in the tech sector
- Gain new skills and knowledge through workshops, mentorship, and events
- Get the support you need to build and grow your business
How to Participate
- Fireside Chats: 15-30 women in tech, either founders or management of tech startups.
- Networking Events: 50+ women in tech, founders, employees, or aspiring founders of tech startups.
- Workshops: 5-10+ women in tech, founders or management of tech startups. Workshops are selected by the group.
- Social (no work talk allowed): 5-30 women in tech. This part of the program happens quarterly, because we are busy taking over the world.
- Dream Mentor (one-on-one): women in tech, founders, or management of tech startups. This part of the program is organic and unscheduled.
WTWT Pitch Competition
Volta’s Women Taking over the World with Tech (WTWT) hosts a pitch competition for female founders and entrepreneurs in the Volta community and Atlantic Canada’s tech ecosystem once per year. Unlike Volta’s quarterly Pitch Competitions, this competition is only be open to female founders and entrepreneurs. You do not have to be a regular attendee of WTWT events to pitch.
We Want to Hear From You!
We want to learn more about the types of programming, workshops, and events you’d like to see included that would provide the most benefit.
Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey. Your feedback will help shape the direction of WTWT this year.
This program is proudly supported by: