We are expanding our team and there is an amazing opportunity for a top-notch Marketing/Social Media Coordinator!
What kind of people will succeed at Volta? People who care about entrepreneurs and are passionate about our mission — to help tech companies start, grow and succeed — and work cooperatively with the entire Volta team to build the region’s innovation district. We want folks who think big but are also ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Every day at Volta is different. We need people that are comfortable working in an environment where change is the status quo. Think you have what it takes?
What you will be achieving:
You will develop multimedia content that will help elevate brand awareness, inform the community of Volta events, activities and its role in growing the startup ecosystem, as part of a small, agile team. We are looking for someone who is a strong multi-tasker, is a clear and effective communicator, and gets excited about implementing new social media trends and ideas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support with the organization and promotion of Volta events and programs
- Develop content, including writing blog posts, articles, media releases, communications materials, etc.
- Assist with creating a social media strategy and execute daily social media posts for multiple platforms.
- Creation of other marketing materials as needed, including (but not limited to) magazines, brochures, one pagers (copy + design)
- Create multimedia content (including video) for social media platforms and events
- Collect and collate information for promotional literature
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma program with a focus on Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with WordPress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least one year of experience
- Personable, presentable, articulate and able to work effectively with a team
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
Volta offers a competitive salary and benefits package. NOTE: Please merge your cover letter and CV into one .pdf document and apply in confidence by 5:00 pm, November 28, 2019 to HR@voltaeffect.com (note Marketing/Social Media Coordinator) in the subject line of your email):
Attention: Human Resources
Volta Labs Inc.
701 – 1505 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3K5