Volta is growing: Join our team as Director, Strategic Partnerships
Volta is growing! At Volta, we care about entrepreneurs. We are passionate about our mission – to build a community where entrepreneurs can gather together, learn from each other, grow their companies and expand to global markets.
When growing our team, we seek out individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who value innovative thinking, working cooperatively and who don’t think twice when it comes to rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
More on the Director, Strategic Partnerships role:
As Director, Strategic Partnerships, you will be accountable for establishing, developing and scaling mutually beneficial partnerships that bring together stakeholders from the private sector, government, VC, and post-secondary education to support the success of our founders and their companies.
Reporting to the CEO, this opportunity is a great match for a collaborative relationship-builder with strong business acumen and a contagious passion for entrepreneurship. Humble and driven to excel, you must also bring the proven expertise required to understand and support the needs of the key stakeholders and tech entrepreneur clients we serve.
Skilled at initiating and developing strategic relationships within the business and investor community, the Director of Strategic Partnerships is specifically accountable for growing Volta’s partnership revenue to help us shape a world-class start-up ecosystem we can all be proud of.
- Design and execute a well-planned partnership strategy that adds value to all parties
- Manage and expand existing partner relationships while initiating and developing new ones
- Identify key partnership opportunities to further develop specific industries & channels
- Collaborate openly with colleagues, partners and industry experts to advance Volta’s mission
- Seek to genuinely understand and connect with the needs of our clients and partners
- Exemplify respect and integrity when engaging with the business and investor community
- A balanced approach to meeting revenue goals and cultivating partnership opportunities
- Consistently and sustainably generate new revenue and leverage existing relationships
- Maintain and expand a network of contacts within relevant markets
- Ensure monthly reports and metrics are tracked and shared with key stakeholders
- Lead by example and manage, mentor and support any assigned direct reports
- Proudly represent Volta at conferences and ecosystem-based events – locally and beyond
- Maintain high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion at all time
Skills & Qualifications
- 7 years of direct leadership experience in partnerships, sales or business development
- Prior experience in a tech start-up ecosystem focused on hypergrowth
- Outstanding written, verbal, interview and interpersonal skills
- Results-driven, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Proven ability to respond promptly to all inquiries and follow through on commitments
- Highly adaptable and able to deliver results in a demanding, rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in closing enterprise or partnership deals
- Skilled at respectfully managing conflict, with a reputation for being a fair negotiator
- Technically proficient and keen to learn – high degree of comfort with technology is a must
- Ability to collaborate both internally and externally to influence key stakeholders
- Driven to push initiatives forward – from beginning to end – without skipping a beat
- Persuasive with a proven ability to quickly assess situations and zero-in on value
- Ability to thrive with minimal guidance while adapting to unknowns and ambiguity as it arises
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams while also functioning as an individual contributor/team member
Ready to join us?
In addition to offering a dynamic and inclusive work environment, Volta offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits. If you feel you could be a great fit to join our team, we want to her from you! Forward your cover letter and resume with the heading “Director, Strategic Partnerships” in the subject line of your email.
Attention: Human Resources
Volta Labs Inc.
100 – 1505 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3K5
Closing date for priority selection is December 12, 2021, however we will continue to accept resumes after this date until the position is filled.
Individual accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Volta is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply!
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Date PostedNov 16, 2021TypeFull-time – PermanentCareer LevelExperiencedCategoryManagement and OperationsSales and Business DevelopmentCompetition NumberDSP1116-CBWebsitehttps://voltaeffect.com