Volta is growing: Join our team as Marketing Manager
Volta is growing! We are Canada’s East Coast Innovation Hub supporting and inspiring Halifax’s vibrant tech startup community. Volta exists to help find and support high-potential founders build high-growth startups in Atlantic Canada. We do this by providing access to education, advice, mentoring and funding opportunities that help them implement proven methods into deliberate practice. We are a group of experienced professionals committed to drastically improving the odds of success for our Residents and the entrepreneurs in our community.
THE GIG: MARKETING MANAGER
This is a tremendous opportunity for an intermediate marketing pro to jump in with both feet and create an impact. In this stand-alone marketing role, you are able to collaborate with the Volta team to assess, develop and implement an effective marketing strategy to showcase Volta’s offerings and the accomplishments of our community members. You will develop, organize and launch effective campaigns that have a positive impact and a long reach into the multiple communities we serve.
Our unicorn is a positive self starter that loves to build, collaborate and deliver on their priorities. You are driven, enthusiastic and a critical thinker that brings energy and ideas to the team. We know diverse backgrounds and perspectives add value and depth to our work; this includes individuals who demonstrate innovative thinking, working cooperatively and thrive in a hands-on, ‘roll up your sleeves’ approach to getting the job done.
You’ll report to the Interim CEO and spend at least 80% of your time live and on-site in our downtown Halifax Office. Don’t worry, there are plenty of snacks and coffee available.
- Oversee the development and execution of marketing/communications strategy
- Leverage your creativity & experience to attract new growth-stage startups to Volta
- Manage and monitor social media strategy for all Volta’s social media channels
- Manage Volta’s website (WordPress) to keep it accurate and current
- Design, develop and evolve Volta’s digital assets to communicate effectively to our target audiences. Including the creation and execution of marketing campaigns for events, special projects, new programming, monthly emails and more as needed (email, social media, video).
- Utilize data analytics to inform effectiveness of campaigns and assess new avenues of reach
- Cultivate relationships with media to raise the Volta profile of features, initiatives and our community members
- Write and distribute press releases to promote new Volta programs, updates and announcements.
- Build content that helps promote Volta events, programming and the accomplishments of our startups and their successes
- Support Volta Front Desk Staff. Responsibilities will include greeting community members, answering phone calls, answering general inquiries, processing mail and monitoring meeting room bookings.
Skills & Qualifications
- Postsecondary education in marketing or other related field(s) is an asset
- Proficient in graphic design and comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- Previous experience or proven knowledge of the tech start up space
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to translate tech into consumable and compelling language for a variety of audiences
- Familiarity with the following platforms would be an asset: Airtable, Asana, HubSpot, Hootsuite, WordPress, Slack, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook.
- Adaptable and flexible with working hours to spearhead Volta events with social media posts and photography
- Enthusiastic, energetic, positive self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and thinking outside the box
Ready to join us?
In addition to offering a dynamic and inclusive work environment, Volta offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits. If you feel you could be a great fit to the Volta team, we want to hear from you! Forward your cover letter and resume with the heading “Your Next Marketing Manager” as the first line of your cover letter that explains why you’re an amazing fit for the role.
Attention: Human Resources
Volta Labs Inc.
100-1505 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS B3J 3K5
Volta is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Individual accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties, however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.Tags: application, innovation, Marketing, Startups