Volta welcomes five new companies to the community
Volta, Canada’s East Coast Innovation Hub, welcomed five new companies to its community of innovators on Thursday afternoon. With these new additions, Volta now has 47 companies working out of the innovation hub’s space.
New Resident and Cohort Companies joining Volta include:
- Curv Health, a startup developing a technology that enables health providers and fitness professionals to quickly and accurately calculate measurements within human movement, all from a mobile device
- Bloxo Inc. is developing a mobile app that makes easy for people to find sports activities, and makes it easy for organizers to find participants
- Bursity is developing a web platform that helps post-secondary students pay their tuition by finding and applying for financial awards in a few easy steps
- RIDDL provides proprietary data to impact investors to guide better investment decisions
- Sparrow Acoustics is making it possible for health care professionals to triage a cardiac patient in less than 10 minutes using only their software and an electronic stethoscope. The company combines a decade of auscultation research, with novel computer visualization, proprietary acoustic algorithms, and artificial intelligence.
The Champagne Welcome Event, supported by LaBarge Weinstein, took place in the Volta Event Space on January 16, 2020. These events take place each quarter to welcome new founders and their companies to the hub, and to help them become acquainted with other Residents and community members.
“We are thrilled to welcome these companies to our community of innovators,” said Jesse Rodgers, Volta CEO. “Volta’s Residency and Cohort programs continue to demonstrate that high calibre startups benefit from the resources and support that an innovation hub can provide. By co-locating with other startups, corporate partners and community organizations, founders working out of our space have access to mentorship to develop their skills, services to grow their business and talent to help build innovative products that reach global markets.”
Volta’s Residency program offers accepted companies more than $50,000 in resources, as well as flexible lease agreements on office space, with Wi-Fi included, and access to a board of mentors and seasoned entrepreneurs.