We are a place of mentorship and community; Volta is not an accelerator. Our focus is on the quality and quantity, not speed.
- Provide world-class mentorship and support to new startups and budding entrepreneurs.
- Encourage the creation of new startups, while nurturing the growth and maturity of existing ones.
- Develop community-driven education and support frameworks.
At Volta, we’re building a community where entrepreneurs can come together to learn from one another, grow their companies and expand to global markets.
Providing a physical space for new technology companies is a long-term investment to grow Atlantic Canada’s startup ecosystem, leading to more new companies, jobs, innovation, products, exports and wealth in the region.
Our Resident Companies
Facts about our Resident companies and Alumni:
- 50 per cent of our Alumni are still in business
- Collectively, Volta companies employ more than 200 full-time staff
- Volta Residents and alumni have aggregately raised over $170-million in equity financing
- Since 2013, there have been seven exits by Alumni companies
- Several of our Alumni have at least $1-million in annual recurring revenue